Write for us
At Brands of Colour we love sharing high-quality blog posts with our audience which is why we are always on the lookout for fresh, relevant content. If you’re a talented blogger of colour with an inspirational story or experience to share, you have come to the right place, we would love to hear from you.
How to become a Brands of Colour Contributor
We have provided the below guidelines to help ensure you get your article accepted and published:
Your post topic needs to be aligned with our vision, and what we represent. Head over to the following pages to get a good idea of what we are all about:
Some of the categories that we accept include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Personal Growth
- We will not accept already published content. All content should be original, clear and concise.
- Your article will need to be a minimum of 500 words and should cover your chosen subject in detail.
- We require all posts to be SEO ready, a key phrase will need to be provided.
- You can have up to two links included of your choice in your bio to add further exposure. We will need all relevant links to be included in your submission.
- We encourage you to provide a unique title. This is the first thing that catches the reader’s eye so make it memorable and catchy.
- You will need to provide a bio and professional headshot of yourself so that it can be added to the website.
- We source images for all posts approved however if you have something you would like us to consider that has been legally sourced, please include the link where it was downloaded from. If it’s a personal photo taken by you please let us know.
What’s in it for you
Once your article has been approved and published, we will make sure it gets distributed and promoted via our social media channels giving you additional exposure.
- Posts will be promoted via our Twitter account over a two week period. There will be a total of 8 posts shared.
- We will select quotes from your post to engage individuals to take action and go on to read your post.
- Your post will be shared via Instagram and Facebook. The post link will be added to our Instagram bio for a day, and will be included as part of the FB post.
- We will tag you into posts so that people can go and check out what you do. This may result in additional followers.
- Your post will include your bio, website and social media links for readers to engage with you outside of our website.
- You can include a link to drive traffic to an opt-in page to build your list or something else you wish to promote that is evergreen. For example, a link for readers to checkout and buy your book or a signature opt-in freebie.
Submitting Your Blog Post
PLEASE ONLY CONTACT US IF YOU ARE A PERSON OF COLOUR.
If you are and have followed the guidelines above, you’re ready to send the final draft of your piece to email@example.com.
- The subject line of your email should read: Guest Blog Post [insert headline].
Our team will review your submission and come back to you as soon as possible with any recommended changes.
We look forward to uniting with you!